We have looking to try and improve our management of Chronic disease within the practice, and have now decided to trial a new system of recall based on the month in which you were born. We will try and manage all your chronic diseases at one time and this will reduce the need for multiple appointments.
The system will work as follows.
- Diabetes, coronary heart disease/ angina, chronic kidney disease, stroke/ TIA
Please contact the practice in the month of your birth. You will be allocated an appointment with a phlebotomist. Please bring a urine sample to this appointment. At this appointment , bloods will be taken and urine tested. You will be allocated a nurse review appointment a few weeks after this appointment.
- High Blood Pressure only- (you do not have any of the conditions in section1)
If you suffer from hypertension only
Please contact the practice in your month of birth. You will be allocated an appointment with the phlebotomist. Please bring a urine sample to this appointment. Your bloods will be tested, urine tested and blood pressure checked. You will only be allocated a nurse review appointment if there any any issues picked up from this visit which need to be addressed.
- Asthma/ COPD only- (you do not have any of the conditions in section1)
Please contact the practice in your month of birth. You will be allocated a nurse appointment for review. You do not require to see a phlebotomist beforehand
- Disease Modifying Drugs
Any patient who suffers from any of the above conditions who is on a disease modifying drug will not have to follow the above protocol. Their problems will be managed by the nurse who deals with your drug monitoring.
We would be happy to see you outwith your month of birth in the following circumstances:
- If you have not had a chronic disease review for more than 18 months or the practice nurse has advised you to see her earlier than planned
- If you are housebound and cannot attend the surgery, please contact the practice in your month of birth and we will arrange the review through our district nursing team.